DOES TRANSFORMATIONAL MAKEOVER TV IN THE 21ST CENTURY PROMOTE A SINGULAR WESTERN STANDARD OF BEAUTY? by Sara Heritage
Described as a “make-under” reality show, Snog Marry Avoid has been subject to scholarly debate...Read More
OF MASSES AND NICHES – TV CONTENT AND THE STORY OF (LARGEST) TRANSCULTURAL COMMON DENOMINATORS by Bärbel Göbel-Stolz
I have been thinking about a piece written by Elke Weissman a lot recently. In it she describes...Read More
CfP: conference “Memories of the Future”. March 29-30, 2019 @ the Centre for the Study of Cultural Memory, Institute of Modern Languages Research, School of Advanced Study, University of London (UK). Deadline: July 31, 2018.
International conference. Centre for the Study of Cultural Memory, Institute of Modern Languages...Read More
CfP: symposium “The Legacy of Watership Down: Animals, Adaptation, Animation”. Nov 10, 2018 @ University of Warwick (UK). Deadline: Jun 30, 2018.
CALL FOR PAPERS: The Legacy of Watership Down: Animals, Adaptation, Animation An interdisciplinary...Read More
- DARK: META-COMPLEXITY AND NATIONAL IDENTITY IN A GLOBAL CONTEXT – PART II by Aris Mousoutzanis September 18, 2020
- CHILDREN, THE MEDIA AND COVID-19: DOING RESEARCH IN DIFFICULT TIMES by Geoff Lealand September 18, 2020
- CfP: online conference “Dial S for Screen Studies 2020” Nov 18-19, 2020. Deadline: Sept 25, 2020 September 18, 2020
- CfP: Critical Studies in Television special issue “Cultural Diversity in Internationally Coproduced High-End Drama”. Deadline: Oct 01, 2020. September 18, 2020
- CfP: conference “Genre/Nostalgia 2021” Jan 06, 2021. Deadline: Oct 02, 2020. September 18, 2020
- CfP: edited volume “Representations of Disability in Science Fiction”. Deadline: Oct 01, 2020. September 18, 2020
- CfP: topical issue of Open Philosophy “Ethics and Politics of TV Series”. Deadline: Jan 31, 2021. September 18, 2020