OF MASSES AND NICHES – TV CONTENT AND THE STORY OF (LARGEST) TRANSCULTURAL COMMON DENOMINATORS by Bärbel Göbel-Stolz
I have been thinking about a piece written by Elke Weissman a lot recently. In it she describes...Read More
CfP: conference “Memories of the Future”. March 29-30, 2019 @ the Centre for the Study of Cultural Memory, Institute of Modern Languages Research, School of Advanced Study, University of London (UK). Deadline: July 31, 2018.
International conference. Centre for the Study of Cultural Memory, Institute of Modern Languages...Read More
CfP: symposium “The Legacy of Watership Down: Animals, Adaptation, Animation”. Nov 10, 2018 @ University of Warwick (UK). Deadline: Jun 30, 2018.
CALL FOR PAPERS: The Legacy of Watership Down: Animals, Adaptation, Animation An interdisciplinary...Read More
CfP: conference “‘It Is True, We Shall Be Monsters’: New Perspectives on Horror, Science Fiction and the Monstrous Onscreen”. June 13, 2018 @ De Montfort University, Leicester (UK). Deadline: April 13, 2018.
Postgraduate Conference Cinema and Television History (CATH) Research Centre, De Montfort...Read More
STEAM ENGINES, SPIDERS AND STINGRAYS: SOME OBSERVATIONS ON YOUNG CHILDREN’S TV VIEWING by Máire Messenger Davies
I started my career studying and writing about television and children by watching my own children...Read More
- KSI vs Logan Paul YouTube boxing match: stars sparring with traditional broadcasters to make millions by Lyndsay Duthie 25/08/2018
- SOCIAL MEDIA CASTING: THE ULTIMATE DEMOCRATISATION OF TV? by Hayley Sarian, Peri Bradley and Richard Berger 31/07/2018
- A CAREER IN POPULAR FACTUAL TV: AN INTERVIEW WITH TOM EDWARDS (PART TWO) by Christopher Hogg 27/07/2018
- CfP: conference “TRANSITIONS 8 – new directions in comics studies 2018” Nov 10, 2018 @ Birkbeck, University of London (UK). Deadline: Aug 24, 2018. 27/07/2018
- CfP: special issue of Convergence “Back to the Future: Telling and Taming Anticipatory Media Visions and Technologies”. Deadline: Dec 01, 2018. 27/07/2018
- Call for chapters “This Country: UK comedy cultures”. Deadline: Aug 20, 2018. 27/07/2018
- CfP: symposium “Paranoia in the Americas: American Anxieties in a Transnational Context”. Nov 24, 2018 @ University College Cork (IE). Deadline: August 03, 2018. 26/07/2018