DOES TRANSFORMATIONAL MAKEOVER TV IN THE 21ST CENTURY PROMOTE A SINGULAR WESTERN STANDARD OF BEAUTY? by Sara Heritage
Described as a “make-under” reality show, Snog Marry Avoid has been subject to scholarly debate...Read More
OF MASSES AND NICHES – TV CONTENT AND THE STORY OF (LARGEST) TRANSCULTURAL COMMON DENOMINATORS by Bärbel Göbel-Stolz
I have been thinking about a piece written by Elke Weissman a lot recently. In it she describes...Read More
CfP: conference “Memories of the Future”. March 29-30, 2019 @ the Centre for the Study of Cultural Memory, Institute of Modern Languages Research, School of Advanced Study, University of London (UK). Deadline: July 31, 2018.
International conference. Centre for the Study of Cultural Memory, Institute of Modern Languages...Read More
CfP: symposium “The Legacy of Watership Down: Animals, Adaptation, Animation”. Nov 10, 2018 @ University of Warwick (UK). Deadline: Jun 30, 2018.
CALL FOR PAPERS: The Legacy of Watership Down: Animals, Adaptation, Animation An interdisciplinary...Read More
- That Was The Year That Was (or, How TV Kept Me Sane During a Pandemic) by Kim Akass July 3, 2020
- FOOTBALL, TELEVISION, RACE – AND OWNERSHIP by Toby Miller July 3, 2020
- RELIVING YOUR MASTER DAY – MONTAIGNE, NIETZSCHE AND RUSSIAN DOLL by Chris Nunn July 3, 2020
- WELL OUT OF ORDER by Andrew Pixley July 3, 2020
- “THINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS WHAT THEY SEEM”: MALCOLM HULKE; WRITER AND COMMUNIST by Michael Herbert July 3, 2020
- Call for essays: edited collection “Greater Atlanta: African American Satire since Obama”. Full essay deadline: June 1, 2021 July 3, 2020
- CfP: The Velvet Light Trap Issue #88: “Rethinking Documentary and Nonfiction Media in 2020.”. Deadline: Aug 31, 2020. July 3, 2020