DOES TRANSFORMATIONAL MAKEOVER TV IN THE 21ST CENTURY PROMOTE A SINGULAR WESTERN STANDARD OF BEAUTY? by Sara Heritage
Described as a “make-under” reality show, Snog Marry Avoid has been subject to scholarly debate...Read More
OF MASSES AND NICHES – TV CONTENT AND THE STORY OF (LARGEST) TRANSCULTURAL COMMON DENOMINATORS by Bärbel Göbel-Stolz
I have been thinking about a piece written by Elke Weissman a lot recently. In it she describes...Read More
CfP: conference “Memories of the Future”. March 29-30, 2019 @ the Centre for the Study of Cultural Memory, Institute of Modern Languages Research, School of Advanced Study, University of London (UK). Deadline: July 31, 2018.
International conference. Centre for the Study of Cultural Memory, Institute of Modern Languages...Read More
CfP: symposium “The Legacy of Watership Down: Animals, Adaptation, Animation”. Nov 10, 2018 @ University of Warwick (UK). Deadline: Jun 30, 2018.
CALL FOR PAPERS: The Legacy of Watership Down: Animals, Adaptation, Animation An interdisciplinary...Read More
- SUBURBAN SUPERHEROES: UTOPIA AND TRAUMA IN WANDAVISION by Jack Black February 26, 2021
- ‘NANETTFLIX’: HANNAH GADSBY, THE FEMINIST POLITICS OF TRAUMA AND THE NETFLIXIFICATION OF SOCIAL JUSTICE by Jilly Boyce Kay February 26, 2021
- CfP: edited collection “Difficult Death: Challenging Cultural Representations of Death, Dying and the Dead in Media and Culture”. Deadline (no pun intended): May 01, 2021. February 26, 2021
- CfP: JICMS special issue “Giallo! The Long History of Italian Television Crime Drama”. Deadline: April 30, 2021. February 26, 2021
- A VISIT TO THE REPAIR SHOP by Jaded Academic February 19, 2021
- WHAT FUTURE FOR IRISH PUBLIC SERVICE TELEVISION?: RTÉ TELEVISION AND TECHNOLOGICAL ADAPTATION by Sarah Arnold February 19, 2021
- VISION ON SOUND by Andrew Pixley February 19, 2021