Issue Guest Editors: Claire Perkins (Monash University) and Michele Schreiber (Emory University) Working in television has historically been considered ‘bread and butter’ labour for female filmmakers around the world. For...Read More
Call for contributions “Transgender Representation on Television” (Edited Collection, working title). Deadline: Sept 29, 2017.
Editors: Dr. Liora Elias (University of Minnesota, USA); Dr. Raechel Tiffe (Independent Scholar)...Read More
CfP: “Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV” @University of Southampton, May 23-25, 2018. Deadline: Nov 3, 2017.
Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV: Calling the Shots – Then, Now, and Next...Read More
CFP: Mai: Journal of Feminism and Visual Culture: “Feminist and Queer Perspectives on Sex in Contemporary Film and TV”, Deadline: July 31, 2017
The newly founded feminist and LGBTQIA+ journal Mai is seeking contributions to its special edition, which revolves around ‘Feminist and Queer Perspectives on Sex in Contemporary Film and TV’. /Mai/ is a new journal founded and...Read More
We are inviting chapter submissions for a new edited collection focusing on gender and horror. This edited collection aims to re-examine horror in an era of remakes, reboots and re-imaginings. There have been many developments...Read More
Transformations of Television Industries Transformations of Television Consumption Practices Transformations of Televisual Aesthetics, Narratives and Identities 21st Century Transnational and Transmedia Television Practices...Read More
- THAT WAS THE YEAR THAT WAS (OR, HOW TV KEPT ME SANE DURING A PANDEMIC) by Kim Akass July 3, 2020
- FOOTBALL, TELEVISION, RACE – AND OWNERSHIP by Toby Miller July 3, 2020
- RELIVING YOUR MASTER DAY – MONTAIGNE, NIETZSCHE AND RUSSIAN DOLL by Chris Nunn July 3, 2020
- WELL OUT OF ORDER by Andrew Pixley July 3, 2020
- “THINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS WHAT THEY SEEM”: MALCOLM HULKE; WRITER AND COMMUNIST by Michael Herbert July 3, 2020
- Call for essays: edited collection “Greater Atlanta: African American Satire since Obama”. Full essay deadline: June 1, 2021 July 3, 2020
- CfP: The Velvet Light Trap Issue #88: “Rethinking Documentary and Nonfiction Media in 2020.”. Deadline: Aug 31, 2020. July 3, 2020