Issue Guest Editors: Claire Perkins (Monash University) and Michele Schreiber (Emory University) Working in television has historically been considered ‘bread and butter’ labour for female filmmakers around the world. For...Read More
Call for contributions “Transgender Representation on Television” (Edited Collection, working title). Deadline: Sept 29, 2017.
Editors: Dr. Liora Elias (University of Minnesota, USA); Dr. Raechel Tiffe (Independent Scholar)...Read More
CfP: “Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV” @University of Southampton, May 23-25, 2018. Deadline: Nov 3, 2017.
Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV: Calling the Shots – Then, Now, and Next...Read More
CFP: Mai: Journal of Feminism and Visual Culture: “Feminist and Queer Perspectives on Sex in Contemporary Film and TV”, Deadline: July 31, 2017
The newly founded feminist and LGBTQIA+ journal Mai is seeking contributions to its special edition, which revolves around ‘Feminist and Queer Perspectives on Sex in Contemporary Film and TV’. /Mai/ is a new journal founded and...Read More
We are inviting chapter submissions for a new edited collection focusing on gender and horror. This edited collection aims to re-examine horror in an era of remakes, reboots and re-imaginings. There have been many developments...Read More
Transformations of Television Industries Transformations of Television Consumption Practices Transformations of Televisual Aesthetics, Narratives and Identities 21st Century Transnational and Transmedia Television Practices...Read More
- LESS TALK, MORE ACTION: SPEEDING UP THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE IN NETFLIX’S BLACK SUMMER by Stella Gaynor 19/04/2019
- Call for chapters: “Anti-heroines of Contemporary Literary Media, Television, and Cinema”. Deadline: June 21, 2019. 12/04/2019
- CfP: Midwest Modern Language Association conference “Re-reading Remakes, Reboots, and Readaptations” (special section). Nov 14-17, 2019 @ Chicago, Illinois (USA). Deadline: April 20, 2019. 12/04/2019
- Call for chapters: “Riverdale: A Land of Contrasts”. Deadline: Aug 15, 2019 12/04/2019
- CfP: Interdisciplinary Conference “Embodying Fantastika”. Aug 8-10, 2019 @ Lancaster University (UK) Deadline: May 1, 2019 12/04/2019
- THE PERSISTENCE OF TELEVISION: STAND-ALONE EPISODES by Martin Zeller-Jacques 12/04/2019
- THE LAST LEG: A BEARDY GUIDE TO THE BREXIT THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN by Liz Giuffre 12/04/2019