Issue Guest Editors: Claire Perkins (Monash University) and Michele Schreiber (Emory University) Working in television has historically been considered ‘bread and butter’ labour for female filmmakers around the world. For...Read More
Call for contributions “Transgender Representation on Television” (Edited Collection, working title). Deadline: Sept 29, 2017.
Editors: Dr. Liora Elias (University of Minnesota, USA); Dr. Raechel Tiffe (Independent Scholar)...Read More
CfP: “Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV” @University of Southampton, May 23-25, 2018. Deadline: Nov 3, 2017.
Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV: Calling the Shots – Then, Now, and Next...Read More
CFP: Mai: Journal of Feminism and Visual Culture: “Feminist and Queer Perspectives on Sex in Contemporary Film and TV”, Deadline: July 31, 2017
The newly founded feminist and LGBTQIA+ journal Mai is seeking contributions to its special edition, which revolves around ‘Feminist and Queer Perspectives on Sex in Contemporary Film and TV’. /Mai/ is a new journal founded and...Read More
We are inviting chapter submissions for a new edited collection focusing on gender and horror. This edited collection aims to re-examine horror in an era of remakes, reboots and re-imaginings. There have been many developments...Read More
Transformations of Television Industries Transformations of Television Consumption Practices Transformations of Televisual Aesthetics, Narratives and Identities 21st Century Transnational and Transmedia Television Practices...Read More
- CfP: Contemporary Directors Symposium “Steve McQueen: ‘I want the burden'”. Sept 24, 2021 @ online. Deadline: April 20, 2021. March 6, 2021
- A NICE PLACE TO VISIT by Andrew Pixley March 5, 2021
- CfP: conference “Sound on Screen I” June 17-18, 2021 @ online. Deadline: March 14, 2021. March 5, 2021
- CfP: conference “Algorithms in Film, Television and Sound Cultures: New Ways of Knowing and Storytelling” April 29-30, 2021 @ online. Deadline: March 15, 2021. March 5, 2021
- CfP: 2021 ECREA European Media and Communication Doctoral Summer School. Sept 20-24, 2021 @ online. Deadline: March 23, 2021. March 5, 2021
- CfP: PopMeC conference “50+ Shades of Gothic: The Gothic Across Genre and Media in US Popular Culture”. Deadlines: March 7 – April 8, 2021. March 5, 2021
- CfP: EJES special issue “Going Viral: Chronotopes of Disaster in Film and Visual Media”. Deadline: March 10, 2021. March 5, 2021