BAFTSS Conference 2020: Rethinking Screen Cultures. April 16-18, 2020 @ University of St Andrews (UK). Registration Deadline: March 18, 2020.
The 8th annual BAFTSS conference, to be held at the University of St Andrews on 16-18 April...Read More
Birmingham City University is pleased to announce Jazz on the Telly, a conference to be held on 12...Read More
Running from 4 – 25 February at BFI Southbank, FORGOTTEN BLACK DRAMA ON TV will be a season of...Read More
Book Launch: “Acting in British Television & Exploring Television Acting” June 30, 2018 @ Fyvie Hall, University of Westminster.
Acting in British Television & Exploring Television Acting Book Launch: June 30th, 18.00...Read More
CfP: “Media Mutations 10 – The ‘-tainment’ Effect”. May 21-22, 2018 @ Università di Bologna. Deadline: Dec 15, 2017.
Media Mutations, the international conference of studies on audiovisual media hosted by...Read More
ADAPT Live @ the Being Human Festival, Nov 23-24, 2017 at National Science and Media Museum, Bradford
Pioneering ex-BBC television crews responsible for bringing colour into our homes in the late...Read More
CONFERENCE REPORT: GAME OF THRONES, AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE, UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE, 6-7 SEPTEMBER, 2017 by Gill Jamieson
‘Winter is coming’, ‘Valar Morghulis’ and ‘You know nothing Jon Snow’ are widely-known expressions...Read More
CONFERENCE REPORT: TRANS TV AT THE UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINSTER, SCHOOL OF MEDIA, ARTS AND DESIGN, 13-15 SEPTEMBER, 2017 by Andrew Lynch and Alexa Scarlata
At most screen and media studies conferences television scholarship is too often relegated to a...Read More
Call for Abstracts: “Broadcasting health and disease. Bodies, markets and television, 1950s-1980s” @Wellcome Trust, Feb 19-21, 2018. Deadline: Nov 1, 2017.
Date: 19-21 February 2018 Location: Wellcome Trust, 215 Euston Road, London, UK The conference is...Read More
UEA Film, Television & Media Studies Symposium: “Everything is True and Nothing is True”: Exploring Truth, Lies and Media Consumption, June 20, 2017
This symposium seeks to explore the relationships between truth, lies and media consumption...Read More
The BFI Media Conference is a unique event for teachers of film and media at 16+ and in HE,...Read More
Transformations of Television Industries Transformations of Television Consumption Practices Transformations of Televisual Aesthetics, Narratives and Identities 21st Century Transnational and Transmedia Television Practices...Read More
- SUBURBAN SUPERHEROES: UTOPIA AND TRAUMA IN WANDAVISION by Jack Black February 26, 2021
- ‘NANETTFLIX’: HANNAH GADSBY, THE FEMINIST POLITICS OF TRAUMA AND THE NETFLIXIFICATION OF SOCIAL JUSTICE by Jilly Boyce Kay February 26, 2021
- CfP: edited collection “Difficult Death: Challenging Cultural Representations of Death, Dying and the Dead in Media and Culture”. Deadline (no pun intended): May 01, 2021. February 26, 2021
- CfP: JICMS special issue “Giallo! The Long History of Italian Television Crime Drama”. Deadline: April 30, 2021. February 26, 2021
- A VISIT TO THE REPAIR SHOP by Jaded Academic February 19, 2021
- WHAT FUTURE FOR IRISH PUBLIC SERVICE TELEVISION?: RTÉ TELEVISION AND TECHNOLOGICAL ADAPTATION by Sarah Arnold February 19, 2021
- VISION ON SOUND by Andrew Pixley February 19, 2021