Category: Cult TV/Sci Fi/Horror
CfP: conference “Memories of the Future”. March 29-30, 2019 @ the Centre for the Study of Cultural Memory, Institute of Modern Languages Research, School of Advanced Study, University of London (UK). Deadline: July 31, 2018.
International conference. Centre for the Study of Cultural Memory, Institute of Modern Languages...Read More
CfP: conference “‘It Is True, We Shall Be Monsters’: New Perspectives on Horror, Science Fiction and the Monstrous Onscreen”. June 13, 2018 @ De Montfort University, Leicester (UK). Deadline: April 13, 2018.
Postgraduate Conference Cinema and Television History (CATH) Research Centre, De Montfort...Read More
CFP: Symposium “Don’t Look: Representations of Horror in the 21st Century”. April 28, 2018 @ University of Edinburg. Deadline: Feb 7, 2018.
One Day Symposium, 28th April 2018, University of Edinburgh Keynote Speaker: Dr. Sorcha Ní Fhlainn...Read More
CONFERENCE REPORT: GAME OF THRONES, AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE, UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE, 6-7 SEPTEMBER, 2017 by Gill Jamieson
‘Winter is coming’, ‘Valar Morghulis’ and ‘You know nothing Jon Snow’ are widely-known expressions...Read More
Call for Papers: “High Fantasy, Political Dreams, and the Mainstream: Reflections on Game of Thrones”. Deadline: Dec 15, 2017.
The Canadian Review of American Studies (University of Toronto Press) is seeking papers for a...Read More
Call for chapters: “Make America Hate Again: Trump-Era Horror & the Politics of Fear”. Deadline: Sept 30, 2017.
Title: Make America Hate Again: Trump-Era Horror & the Politics of Fear Collection Editor: Dr...Read More
- That Was The Year That Was (or, How TV Kept Me Sane During a Pandemic) by Kim Akass July 3, 2020
- FOOTBALL, TELEVISION, RACE – AND OWNERSHIP by Toby Miller July 3, 2020
- RELIVING YOUR MASTER DAY – MONTAIGNE, NIETZSCHE AND RUSSIAN DOLL by Chris Nunn July 3, 2020
- WELL OUT OF ORDER by Andrew Pixley July 3, 2020
- “THINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS WHAT THEY SEEM”: MALCOLM HULKE; WRITER AND COMMUNIST by Michael Herbert July 3, 2020
- Call for essays: edited collection “Greater Atlanta: African American Satire since Obama”. Full essay deadline: June 1, 2021 July 3, 2020
- CfP: The Velvet Light Trap Issue #88: “Rethinking Documentary and Nonfiction Media in 2020.”. Deadline: Aug 31, 2020. July 3, 2020