Historically, female filmmakers’ work in television has functioned as a form of invisible labour, with television being seen as definitively distinct from cinema, the site of ‘real’ and hard-won work. However, as we move...Read More
Category: CFPs Journals
CfP: SFFT special issue “Global Utopian Film and TV in the Age of Dystopia”. Deadline: April 1, 2019.
Global Utopian Film and TV in the Age of Dystopia A special issue of Science Fiction Film and...Read More
CfP: Kinephanos issue “Beyond Netflix: Studying the diversity of practices and platforms in the era of over-the-top television”. Deadline: Feb 28, 2019.
Not unlike other media, television is undergoing major changes. The Internet, as well as the...Read More
CfP: special issue of Journal of Scandinavian Cinema, ‘Nordic Production Studies’. Deadline: March 31, 2019.
Guest editors: Sarah Atkinson (Kings College London), Olof Hedling (Lund University), Mette Hjort...Read More
NECSUS Autumn 2019_#Gesture Guest editor: Miriam de Rosa (Coventry University) A visible action working as utterance, according to Giorgio Agamben gesture is ‘the exhibition of mediality’. It unveils a process and crystallises a...Read More
CfA: Filmicon special issue “Introduction to Greek Television Studies: (Re)Reading Greek Television Fiction since 1989”. Deadline: Jan 20, 2019.
In December 2016, in an international conference entitled “50 years of Greek Television” that took...Read More
CfP: special issue, Nordicom “Dark Screens: The Geopolitics of Nordic Television Drama”. Deadline: Jan 15, 2019.
CALL FOR PAPERS: Nordicom Review Special Issue (open access) Title: ‘Dark Screens: The Geopolitics...Read More
CfP: JDMP (former IJDT) special issue “Interfacing public communications in the digital economy”. Deadline: Nov 30, 2018.
Call for Papers: Journal of Digital Media and Policy (Formerly International Journal of Digital Television) Special Issue 10.3 (Autumn 2019): ‘Interfacing public communications in the digital economy’ Guest edited by Michael...Read More
CfP: Convergence special issue “Back to the Future: Telling and Taming Anticipatory Media Visions and Technologies”. Deadline: Dec 1, 2018.
Back to the Future: Telling and Taming Anticipatory Media Visions and Technologies Special Issue...Read More
Issue 15 Call for Papers DEADLINE: THURSDAY, JANUARY 31, 2019 Special Issue: Twin Peaks: Season...Read More
CfP: SERIES. International Journal of TV Serial Narratives incl. special section on “Making Models of Contemporary Serial Media Products”. Deadline: Jan 31, 2019.
SERIES. International Journal of TV Serial Narratives” (https://series.unibo.it) is an open access...Read More
The Velvet Light Trap is proud to present the CFP for its 85th issue: Bad Objects! The concept of...Read More
- LESS TALK, MORE ACTION: SPEEDING UP THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE IN NETFLIX’S BLACK SUMMER by Stella Gaynor 19/04/2019
- Call for chapters: “Anti-heroines of Contemporary Literary Media, Television, and Cinema”. Deadline: June 21, 2019. 12/04/2019
- CfP: Midwest Modern Language Association conference “Re-reading Remakes, Reboots, and Readaptations” (special section). Nov 14-17, 2019 @ Chicago, Illinois (USA). Deadline: April 20, 2019. 12/04/2019
- Call for chapters: “Riverdale: A Land of Contrasts”. Deadline: Aug 15, 2019 12/04/2019
- CfP: Interdisciplinary Conference “Embodying Fantastika”. Aug 8-10, 2019 @ Lancaster University (UK) Deadline: May 1, 2019 12/04/2019
- THE PERSISTENCE OF TELEVISION: STAND-ALONE EPISODES by Martin Zeller-Jacques 12/04/2019
- THE LAST LEG: A BEARDY GUIDE TO THE BREXIT THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN by Liz Giuffre 12/04/2019