Digital technology has altered all aspects of media cultures, including questions of identity that...Read More
Category: CFPs Journals
There is a gathering consensus that television began to undergo a marked transformation at the end...Read More
The Learning on Screen (British Universities & Colleges Film and Video Council) termly...Read More
Special issue #18 of VIEW journal: a history of television and health. We are presently accepting...Read More
CFP : Scottish Studies / Études écossaises n°18: “Scotland and the Moving Image” Deadline: July 15, 2019
The concept of national cinema rests on two underlying assumptions: first, that “films produced in...Read More
Historically, female filmmakers’ work in television has functioned as a form of invisible labour, with television being seen as definitively distinct from cinema, the site of ‘real’ and hard-won work. However, as we move...Read More
CfP: SFFT special issue “Global Utopian Film and TV in the Age of Dystopia”. Deadline: April 1, 2019.
Global Utopian Film and TV in the Age of Dystopia A special issue of Science Fiction Film and...Read More
CfP: Kinephanos issue “Beyond Netflix: Studying the diversity of practices and platforms in the era of over-the-top television”. Deadline: Feb 28, 2019.
Not unlike other media, television is undergoing major changes. The Internet, as well as the...Read More
CfP: special issue of Journal of Scandinavian Cinema, ‘Nordic Production Studies’. Deadline: March 31, 2019.
Guest editors: Sarah Atkinson (Kings College London), Olof Hedling (Lund University), Mette Hjort...Read More
NECSUS Autumn 2019_#Gesture Guest editor: Miriam de Rosa (Coventry University) A visible action working as utterance, according to Giorgio Agamben gesture is ‘the exhibition of mediality’. It unveils a process and crystallises a...Read More
CfA: Filmicon special issue “Introduction to Greek Television Studies: (Re)Reading Greek Television Fiction since 1989”. Deadline: Jan 20, 2019.
In December 2016, in an international conference entitled “50 years of Greek Television” that took...Read More
CfP: special issue, Nordicom “Dark Screens: The Geopolitics of Nordic Television Drama”. Deadline: Jan 15, 2019.
CALL FOR PAPERS: Nordicom Review Special Issue (open access) Title: ‘Dark Screens: The Geopolitics...Read More
- COUNTRY MUSIC, LIL NAS X, AND THE ‘OLD TOWN ROAD’ CONTROVERSY by Gary R. Edgerton 14/06/2019
- REALITY TV: TENDER TELEVISION, ‘TRASH’ TELEVISION AND THE DUTY OF CARE TOWARDS PARTICIPANTS by Sarah Arnold 14/06/2019
- CfP: The Velvet Light Trap #86 “Queerness in the Digital Age” Deadline: July 31, 2019. 14/06/2019
- CfP: CRAS special issue “New Television”. Deadline: Aug 01, 2019. 14/06/2019
- CfP: edited collection on “Familial Influences on Superheroes”. Deadline: Aug 2, 2019. 14/06/2019
- CfP: Film & History panels on “Hardwired to the Grid: The technologies of Cyberpunk in Film, Television, and New Media”. Deadline: July 10, 2019. 14/06/2019
- CfP: edited collection on “Camp TV”. Deadline: Aug 15, 2019. 14/06/2019