Digital technology has altered all aspects of media cultures, including questions of identity that...Read More
There is a gathering consensus that television began to undergo a marked transformation at the end...Read More
The edited collection, Familial Influences on Superheroes, will examine the role that the family...Read More
CfP: Film & History panels on “Hardwired to the Grid: The technologies of Cyberpunk in Film, Television, and New Media”. Deadline: July 10, 2019.
An area of multiple panels for the 2019 Film & History Conference: Citizenship and Sociopathy...Read More
CAMP TV OF THE 1960s. A collection of new scholarly essays edited by Isabel Pinedo and Wyatt D....Read More
CfP: conference “Thirty Years Since The Fall of Communism: Visual Narratives, Memory and Culture” Nov 21-22, 2019 @ University of Galați (ROM). Deadline: June 25, 2019.
Website: http://fift.ugal.ro/30years/ A joint project of the Faculty of History, Philosophy and...Read More
The Learning on Screen (British Universities & Colleges Film and Video Council) termly...Read More
In 1963 Doctor Who began with the purported intention of using drama to teach science. Since then...Read More
Editors: Dr. Daniel Farr, Ph.D., Senior Lecturer of Sociology, Kennesaw State University...Read More
CfA: 2nd Lisbon Winter School for the Study of Communication – “Media and Uncertainty” Jan 07-11, 2020 @ Universidade Católica Portuguesa, Lisboa (POR) Deadline: July 22, 2019.
Jointly organized by the Faculty of Human Sciences (Universidade Católica Portuguesa), the Center...Read More
Call for chapters: “Anti-heroines of Contemporary Literary Media, Television, and Cinema”. Deadline: June 21, 2019.
A volume of scholarly essays to be collected under the title: Bitch or Badass: Anti-heroines of...Read More
Special issue #18 of VIEW journal: a history of television and health. We are presently accepting...Read More
- REALITY TV: TENDER TELEVISION, ‘TRASH’ TELEVISION AND THE DUTY OF CARE TOWARDS PARTICIPANTS by Sarah Arnold 14/06/2019
- CfP: The Velvet Light Trap #86 “Queerness in the Digital Age” Deadline: July 31, 2019. 14/06/2019
- COUNTRY MUSIC, LIL NAS X, AND THE ‘OLD TOWN ROAD’ CONTROVERSY by Gary R. Edgerton 14/06/2019
- CfP: CRAS special issue “New Television”. Deadline: Aug 01, 2019. 14/06/2019
- CfP: edited collection on “Familial Influences on Superheroes”. Deadline: Aug 2, 2019. 14/06/2019
- CfP: Film & History panels on “Hardwired to the Grid: The technologies of Cyberpunk in Film, Television, and New Media”. Deadline: July 10, 2019. 14/06/2019
- CfP: edited collection on “Camp TV”. Deadline: Aug 15, 2019. 14/06/2019