CfP: BAFTSS 7th Annual conference 2019 “Intersecting Identities: Race, Sex, Nation” April 25-17, 2019 @ University of Birmingham (UK). Deadline: Dec 14, 2018.
Intersectionality as a concept was born at the end of the 1980s, and has proven influential ever...Read More
CfA: special issue of MedieKultur: “Nordic Perspectives on Fandom in a Transmedia Landscape”. Extended Deadline: June 20, 2018.
Guest editors: Line Nybro Petersen, Associate Professor, University of Southern Denmark Anne...Read More
CfP: symposium “Beasts of the Sky: Strange Sightings in the Stratosphere” June 30, 2018 @ St Mary’s University, Twickenham (UK). Deadline: April 13, 2018.
Proposals are invited for an interdisciplinary symposium at St Mary’s University, Twickenham, to...Read More
So far, the research has shown that women have less voice in the media than men do, both as the creators of news, the subjects, and the interviewees. This exclusion is especially in the most appealing sections such as politics....Read More
CfP: “At home with horror? Terror on the small screen” Oct 27-28, 2017 @University of Kent. Deadline: June 30, 2017
The Melodrama Research Group presents: At home with horror? Terror on the small screen 27th-28th...Read More
The third annual IWA Cardiff Media Summit entitled “The future of media in Wales” is being held on March 29th, 2017 in Cardiff. Hosted by the IWA in partnership with BBC Cymru Wales and University of South Wales, and supported...Read More
CfP Different Bodies: (Self-)Representation, Disability and the Media, University of Westminster, London, United Kingdom 23 June 2017
This one-day conference seeks to explore representations of the body as strange, shameful, wrong, impaired, wounded, scarred, disabled, lacking, different or ‘other’ in contemporary media. The advent of digital media has...Read More
How Free is the BBC? Dr Tom Mills (Aston University), University of Winchester, Wed 15 Feb, 4.30pm, FWB204
University of Winchester Faculty of Arts Research Seminar. All welcome. Wed 15 Feb, 4.30pm, FWB204 How Free is the BBC? Dr Tom Mills (Aston University) Is the BBC an authentically independent and impartial broadcaster? Or is it...Read More
- CfP: Gothflix conference. Feb 01-02, 2020 @ Lancaster University (UK). Deadline: Oct 31, 2019. 21/10/2019
- CfP: conference “New Frontiers? Channel 4’s Move out of London”. March 11, 2020 @ University of the West of England Bristol (UK). Deadline: Nov 01, 2019. 21/10/2019
- FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS by Toby Miller 18/10/2019
- FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS: PART 2 by Kim Akass 18/10/2019
- CONFESSIONS OF AN ARCHIVE VIRGIN by Rosie White 18/10/2019
- TRUE CRIME: IT’S TIME TO START QUESTIONING THE ETHICS OF TUNING IN by Tanya Horeck 18/10/2019
- CfP: conference “Locating Medical Television: The Televisual Spaces of Medicine and Health in the 20th Century”. March 18-20, 2020 @ Science Museum Dana Research Centre, London (UK). Deadline: Dec 01, 2019 18/10/2019