CfP: BAFTSS 7th Annual conference 2019 “Intersecting Identities: Race, Sex, Nation” April 25-17, 2019 @ University of Birmingham (UK). Deadline: Dec 14, 2018.
Intersectionality as a concept was born at the end of the 1980s, and has proven influential ever...Read More
CfA: special issue of MedieKultur: “Nordic Perspectives on Fandom in a Transmedia Landscape”. Extended Deadline: June 20, 2018.
Guest editors: Line Nybro Petersen, Associate Professor, University of Southern Denmark Anne...Read More
CfP: symposium “Beasts of the Sky: Strange Sightings in the Stratosphere” June 30, 2018 @ St Mary’s University, Twickenham (UK). Deadline: April 13, 2018.
Proposals are invited for an interdisciplinary symposium at St Mary’s University, Twickenham, to...Read More
So far, the research has shown that women have less voice in the media than men do, both as the creators of news, the subjects, and the interviewees. This exclusion is especially in the most appealing sections such as politics....Read More
CfP: “At home with horror? Terror on the small screen” Oct 27-28, 2017 @University of Kent. Deadline: June 30, 2017
The Melodrama Research Group presents: At home with horror? Terror on the small screen 27th-28th...Read More
The third annual IWA Cardiff Media Summit entitled “The future of media in Wales” is being held on March 29th, 2017 in Cardiff. Hosted by the IWA in partnership with BBC Cymru Wales and University of South Wales, and supported...Read More
CfP Different Bodies: (Self-)Representation, Disability and the Media, University of Westminster, London, United Kingdom 23 June 2017
This one-day conference seeks to explore representations of the body as strange, shameful, wrong, impaired, wounded, scarred, disabled, lacking, different or ‘other’ in contemporary media. The advent of digital media has...Read More
How Free is the BBC? Dr Tom Mills (Aston University), University of Winchester, Wed 15 Feb, 4.30pm, FWB204
University of Winchester Faculty of Arts Research Seminar. All welcome. Wed 15 Feb, 4.30pm, FWB204 How Free is the BBC? Dr Tom Mills (Aston University) Is the BBC an authentically independent and impartial broadcaster? Or is it...Read More
- ENDEAVOURING TO INVESTIGATE NARRATIVE DEVELOPMENTS IN MORSE by Richard Hewett 08/03/2019
- CfP: MPE and MeCCSA Practice Network Annual Symposium 2019 “Shaping Knowledge: encounters between word and image” June 14, 2019 @ University of Kent (UK) Deadline: March 29, 2019 07/03/2019
- CfP: EDEN: All Island Interdisciplinary Conference “2019: Between a Rock and a Robot: Humans, Habitat, and Technology”. April 26-27, 2019 @ NUI Galway (IE) Deadline: March 11, 2019. 07/03/2019
- VLOGGERS ON THE DANCEFLOOR: TELEVISION CULTURE’S ONLINE REMIX AND COLLAGE by Berber Hagedoorn 01/03/2019
- CfP: “Queer Fears: a one day symposium on new queer Horror film and television”, June 28, 20019 @ University of Hertfordshire (UK) Deadline: March 31, 2019. 01/03/2019
- Extended CfP: GFF conference “The Romantic Fantastic” Sept 18-21, 2019 @ Freie Universität Berlin (GER) Deadline: March 15, 2019. 01/03/2019
- TV STUDIES FOR ALL? ON OPEN ACCESS AND PUBLISHING IN TV AND MEDIA STUDIES by Tobias Steiner 22/02/2019