Issue Guest Editors: Claire Perkins (Monash University) and Michele Schreiber (Emory University) Working in television has historically been considered ‘bread and butter’ labour for female filmmakers around the world. For...Read More
CfP: Transnational Television Drama 2018. June 6-8, 2018 @ Aarhus University (Denmark). Deadline: Jan 15, 2018.
Nov 3, 2017 | CFP, CFPs conferences, conference, Drama, ECREA, Genres, Legislation, Performance, Politics, production, Public Service Broadcasting, Publishing, Quality TV, Streaming, Teaching, Technology, Transnational TV | 0
About In 1992 television researcher John Ellis stated that television was an “essentially national...Read More
CONFERENCE REPORT: GAME OF THRONES, AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE, UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE, 6-7 SEPTEMBER, 2017 by Gill Jamieson
‘Winter is coming’, ‘Valar Morghulis’ and ‘You know nothing Jon Snow’ are widely-known expressions...Read More
Call for contributions “Transgender Representation on Television” (Edited Collection, working title). Deadline: Sept 29, 2017.
Editors: Dr. Liora Elias (University of Minnesota, USA); Dr. Raechel Tiffe (Independent Scholar)...Read More
- “NO LOGAN – NO WAY”: THE NEW SEASON OF VERONICA MARS AND NOIR TRADITION by Rebecca Pearce March 27, 2020
- DOES TRANSFORMATIONAL MAKEOVER TV IN THE 21ST CENTURY PROMOTE A SINGULAR WESTERN STANDARD OF BEAUTY? by Sara Heritage March 27, 2020
- CfP: anthology “A Critical Companion to Terry Gilliam”. Deadline: June 15, 2020. March 27, 2020
- CfP: Journal of Scandinavian Cinema, special issue “Adaptations in Contemporary Scandinavian Screen Cultures”. Deadline: May 15, 2020. March 27, 2020
- CFP: edited collection “Queer Production Cultures in Europe”. Deadline: May 22, 2020. March 27, 2020
- The Great Pottery Throw Down by Rosa Georgiou March 27, 2020
- WHAT I DON’T UNDERSTAND IS THIS… by Andrew Pixley March 27, 2020