Issue Guest Editors: Claire Perkins (Monash University) and Michele Schreiber (Emory University) Working in television has historically been considered ‘bread and butter’ labour for female filmmakers around the world. For...Read More
CfP: Transnational Television Drama 2018. June 6-8, 2018 @ Aarhus University (Denmark). Deadline: Jan 15, 2018.
Nov 3, 2017 | CFP, CFPs conferences, conference, Drama, ECREA, Genres, Legislation, Performance, Politics, production, Public Service Broadcasting, Publishing, Quality TV, Streaming, Teaching, Technology, Transnational TV | 0
About In 1992 television researcher John Ellis stated that television was an “essentially national...Read More
CONFERENCE REPORT: GAME OF THRONES, AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE, UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE, 6-7 SEPTEMBER, 2017 by Gill Jamieson
‘Winter is coming’, ‘Valar Morghulis’ and ‘You know nothing Jon Snow’ are widely-known expressions...Read More
Call for contributions “Transgender Representation on Television” (Edited Collection, working title). Deadline: Sept 29, 2017.
Editors: Dr. Liora Elias (University of Minnesota, USA); Dr. Raechel Tiffe (Independent Scholar)...Read More
- GOLIATH, BOSCH, AND THE CODE by Toby Miller 19/10/2018
- CfP: conference “Race, Gender and Technology in Science-Fiction” April 25-27, 2019 @ Maison Française, Oxford (UK). Deadline: Dec 1, 2018. 19/10/2018
- CfP: conference session “Stranger Things: Locating design in science fiction and fantasy films” April 4-6, 2019 @ Brighton (UK). Deadline: Nov 5, 2018. 19/10/2018
- CfP: symposium “Television drama, law and national identity” Sept 6, 2019 @ University of Westminster (UK). Deadline: Feb 01, 2019. 19/10/2018
- Walking in the Middle of the Road: Working-class homecoming in British TV Drama. Nov 2, 2018 @ Birkbeck, London (UK) 16/10/2018
- ‘ALL THIS FIZZING INSIDE’: WATCHING THE RETURN OF DOCTOR WHO by Ivan Phillips 12/10/2018
- ONE OF THE GANG OR STAR OF THE SHOW? by James Chapman 12/10/2018