Issue Guest Editors: Claire Perkins (Monash University) and Michele Schreiber (Emory University) Working in television has historically been considered ‘bread and butter’ labour for female filmmakers around the world. For...Read More
CfP: Transnational Television Drama 2018. June 6-8, 2018 @ Aarhus University (Denmark). Deadline: Jan 15, 2018.
Nov 3, 2017 | CFP, CFPs conferences, conference, Drama, ECREA, Genres, Legislation, Performance, Politics, production, Public Service Broadcasting, Publishing, Quality TV, Streaming, Teaching, Technology, Transnational TV | 0
About In 1992 television researcher John Ellis stated that television was an “essentially national...Read More
CONFERENCE REPORT: GAME OF THRONES, AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE, UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE, 6-7 SEPTEMBER, 2017 by Gill Jamieson
‘Winter is coming’, ‘Valar Morghulis’ and ‘You know nothing Jon Snow’ are widely-known expressions...Read More
Call for contributions “Transgender Representation on Television” (Edited Collection, working title). Deadline: Sept 29, 2017.
Editors: Dr. Liora Elias (University of Minnesota, USA); Dr. Raechel Tiffe (Independent Scholar)...Read More
- THAT WAS THE YEAR THAT WAS (OR, HOW TV KEPT ME SANE DURING A PANDEMIC) by Kim Akass July 3, 2020
- FOOTBALL, TELEVISION, RACE – AND OWNERSHIP by Toby Miller July 3, 2020
- RELIVING YOUR MASTER DAY – MONTAIGNE, NIETZSCHE AND RUSSIAN DOLL by Chris Nunn July 3, 2020
- WELL OUT OF ORDER by Andrew Pixley July 3, 2020
- “THINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS WHAT THEY SEEM”: MALCOLM HULKE; WRITER AND COMMUNIST by Michael Herbert July 3, 2020
- Call for essays: edited collection “Greater Atlanta: African American Satire since Obama”. Full essay deadline: June 1, 2021 July 3, 2020
- CfP: The Velvet Light Trap Issue #88: “Rethinking Documentary and Nonfiction Media in 2020.”. Deadline: Aug 31, 2020. July 3, 2020