Issue Guest Editors: Claire Perkins (Monash University) and Michele Schreiber (Emory University) Working in television has historically been considered ‘bread and butter’ labour for female filmmakers around the world. For...Read More
CfP: Transnational Television Drama 2018. June 6-8, 2018 @ Aarhus University (Denmark). Deadline: Jan 15, 2018.
Nov 3, 2017 | CFP, CFPs conferences, conference, Drama, ECREA, Genres, Legislation, Performance, Politics, production, Public Service Broadcasting, Publishing, Quality TV, Streaming, Teaching, Technology, Transnational TV | 0
About In 1992 television researcher John Ellis stated that television was an “essentially national...Read More
CONFERENCE REPORT: GAME OF THRONES, AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE, UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE, 6-7 SEPTEMBER, 2017 by Gill Jamieson
‘Winter is coming’, ‘Valar Morghulis’ and ‘You know nothing Jon Snow’ are widely-known expressions...Read More
Call for contributions “Transgender Representation on Television” (Edited Collection, working title). Deadline: Sept 29, 2017.
Editors: Dr. Liora Elias (University of Minnesota, USA); Dr. Raechel Tiffe (Independent Scholar)...Read More
- SAVED BY THE SCHEDULE (AGAIN) by Richard Hewett 24/05/2019
- THE FOXTROT OF COMEDY DRAMA – SLOW, SLOW, QUICK, QUICK, SLOW – DON’T FORGET THE DRIVER by Tom Nicholls 17/05/2019
- CfP: Biannual conference of ECREA Television Studies Section “The Youthification of Television and Screen Culture”. Oct 24-25, 2019 @ University of Groningen (NL). Deadline: May 31, 2019. 13/05/2019
- CFP : Scottish Studies / Études écossaises n°18: “Scotland and the Moving Image” Deadline: July 15, 2019 10/05/2019
- Call for essays: “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine” Deadline: Oct 1, 2019. 10/05/2019
- DOES NOT COMPUTE – WHY WE MUST FAIL TO DISCONNECT FROM NETFLIX by Bärbel Goebel Stolz 10/05/2019
- WATCHING ITV WHEN YOU COULDN’T GO SHOPPING by Jonathan Bignell 03/05/2019