Issue Guest Editors: Claire Perkins (Monash University) and Michele Schreiber (Emory University) Working in television has historically been considered ‘bread and butter’ labour for female filmmakers around the world. For...Read More
CfP: Transnational Television Drama 2018. June 6-8, 2018 @ Aarhus University (Denmark). Deadline: Jan 15, 2018.
Nov 3, 2017 | CFP, CFPs conferences, conference, Drama, ECREA, Genres, Legislation, Performance, Politics, production, Public Service Broadcasting, Publishing, Quality TV, Streaming, Teaching, Technology, Transnational TV | 0
About In 1992 television researcher John Ellis stated that television was an “essentially national...Read More
CONFERENCE REPORT: GAME OF THRONES, AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE, UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE, 6-7 SEPTEMBER, 2017 by Gill Jamieson
‘Winter is coming’, ‘Valar Morghulis’ and ‘You know nothing Jon Snow’ are widely-known expressions...Read More
Call for contributions “Transgender Representation on Television” (Edited Collection, working title). Deadline: Sept 29, 2017.
Editors: Dr. Liora Elias (University of Minnesota, USA); Dr. Raechel Tiffe (Independent Scholar)...Read More
- READING MATTERS by Andrew Pixley 24/01/2020
- YOU CAN’T GO HOME AGAIN: SOME LONG-OVERDUE THOUGHTS ON DEADWOOD: THE MOVIE by Douglas L. Howard 17/01/2020
- WATCHMEN’S PARALLAX VIEW – HANDLING PAST TRAUMAS AND PRESENT TENSIONS by Jack Black 17/01/2020
- IS THIS THE RIGHT ROOM FOR AN ARGUMENT by Andrew Pixley 17/01/2020
- CfP: Critical Studies in Television Biennial Conference. August 26-29, 2020 @ Edge Hill University, Ormskirk (UK) Deadline: Feb 28, 2020. 17/01/2020
- CfP: “Global Screen Worlds: An International Workshop” Sept 2021 @ SOAS, University of London (UK). Deadline: Feb 15, 2020. 17/01/2020
- CfP: conference “Cosmopolitan Aspirations in English-Speaking Cinema and Television”. Sept 02-04, 2020 @ Universidad de Zaragoza (ES). Deadline: March 17, 2020. 17/01/2020