Issue Guest Editors: Claire Perkins (Monash University) and Michele Schreiber (Emory University) Working in television has historically been considered ‘bread and butter’ labour for female filmmakers around the world. For...Read More
CfP: Transnational Television Drama 2018. June 6-8, 2018 @ Aarhus University (Denmark). Deadline: Jan 15, 2018.
Nov 3, 2017 | CFP, CFPs conferences, conference, Drama, ECREA, Genres, Legislation, Performance, Politics, production, Public Service Broadcasting, Publishing, Quality TV, Streaming, Teaching, Technology, Transnational TV | 0
About In 1992 television researcher John Ellis stated that television was an “essentially national...Read More
CONFERENCE REPORT: GAME OF THRONES, AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE, UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE, 6-7 SEPTEMBER, 2017 by Gill Jamieson
‘Winter is coming’, ‘Valar Morghulis’ and ‘You know nothing Jon Snow’ are widely-known expressions...Read More
Call for contributions “Transgender Representation on Television” (Edited Collection, working title). Deadline: Sept 29, 2017.
Editors: Dr. Liora Elias (University of Minnesota, USA); Dr. Raechel Tiffe (Independent Scholar)...Read More
- BLUEY! THE GORGEOUS CARTOON THAT BROKE CATCHUP RECORDS IN AUSTRALIA by Liz Giuffre 15/02/2019
- HOMECOMING AND PARANOIA, IN ABOUT THIRTY MINUTES OR LESS by Douglas L. Howard 01/02/2019
- THE HISTORY PERPLEX IN MATT WEINER’S ‘THE ROMANOFFS’ (PART 2) by Martha P. Nochimson 01/02/2019
- IN SEARCH OF A ‘REAL’ UNIVERSITY by Richard Hewett 01/02/2019
- TELEVISION BIOPICS: WHAT CAN THEY CAN TELL US ABOUT TV? by Jonathan Bignell 01/02/2019
- CfP: edited collection “Television Series as Literature: From the Ordinary to the Unthinkable”. Deadline: Feb 15, 2019. 01/02/2019
- CfP: symposium “Digital Ecologies II: Fiction Machines”, July 16, 2019 @ The Centre for Media Research, Bath Spa University (UK). Deadline: March 01, 2019. 01/02/2019