BAFTSS Conference 2020: Rethinking Screen Cultures. April 16-18, 2020 @ University of St Andrews (UK). Registration Deadline: March 18, 2020.
The 8th annual BAFTSS conference, to be held at the University of St Andrews on 16-18 April...Read More
Book Launch: “Acting in British Television & Exploring Television Acting” June 30, 2018 @ Fyvie Hall, University of Westminster.
Acting in British Television & Exploring Television Acting Book Launch: June 30th, 18.00...Read More
The Wentworth is the New Prisoner Conference was held on April 5th and 6th at RMIT University in...Read More
CfP: “Media Mutations 10 – The ‘-tainment’ Effect”. May 21-22, 2018 @ Università di Bologna. Deadline: Dec 15, 2017.
Media Mutations, the international conference of studies on audiovisual media hosted by...Read More
CfP: Transnational Television Drama 2018. June 6-8, 2018 @ Aarhus University (Denmark). Deadline: Jan 15, 2018.
Nov 3, 2017 | CFP, CFPs conferences, conference, Drama, ECREA, Genres, Legislation, Performance, Politics, production, Public Service Broadcasting, Publishing, Quality TV, Streaming, Teaching, Technology, Transnational TV | 0
About In 1992 television researcher John Ellis stated that television was an “essentially national...Read More
CONFERENCE REPORT: GAME OF THRONES, AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE, UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE, 6-7 SEPTEMBER, 2017 by Gill Jamieson
‘Winter is coming’, ‘Valar Morghulis’ and ‘You know nothing Jon Snow’ are widely-known expressions...Read More
CONFERENCE REPORT: TRANS TV AT THE UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINSTER, SCHOOL OF MEDIA, ARTS AND DESIGN, 13-15 SEPTEMBER, 2017 by Andrew Lynch and Alexa Scarlata
At most screen and media studies conferences television scholarship is too often relegated to a...Read More
CfP: The Cultural and Political Impact of Canal+ on French Society, Nov 10, 2017 @Newcastle University. Deadline: July 7, 2017
Friday 10 November 2017 – Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne Since its first...Read More
University of Westminster, London, United Kingdom 23 June 2017 This one-day conference seeks to explore representations of the body as strange, shameful, wrong, impaired, wounded, scarred, disabled, lacking, different or...Read More
THE JOCELYN HAY VOICE OF THE LISTENER & VIEWER LECTURE 2017 TUESDAY 21 MARCH 2017 AT 7.00 PM (6.30pm for a 7.00pm start.)
The Geological Society, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BD The VLV is delighted that Lord Puttnam CBE has agreed to deliver the Jocelyn Hay Voice of the Listener & Viewer Lecture 2017. “The Jocelyn...Read More
Beyond the Visible: Contemporary Visualizations of Loss, Illness and the ‘Unseen’ in Representations of the Family, 23rd March 2017 (1:00pm – 6:45pm)
Northern Charter 5th Floor, Commercial Union House 39 Pilgrim Street Newcastle NE1 6QE Thursday 23rd March 2017 (1:00pm – 6:45pm)...Read More
- LIVE FOREVER: GLASTONBURY 2020, TELEVISION, TIME, MEMORY, AND NOSTALGIA by Leanne Weston September 25, 2020
- HOW DO CHILDREN WATCH FICTION IN DENMARK AND WHAT CONTENT DO THEY PREFER? September 25, 2020
- CfP: Critical Studies in Television special issue “One Hundred Years of the BBC”. Deadline: Dec 18, 2020. September 25, 2020
- CfP: MAST special issue “TOTAL SCREEN: Why Jean Baudrillard, Once Again?”. EXTENDED Deadline: Nov 15, 2020. September 25, 2020
- CFP: virtual conference “Siblings on Stage, Page and Screen”. Jan 16, 2021. Deadline: Oct 02, 2020. September 25, 2020
- CfP: Cinephile special issue “Cinematic Bodies”. Deadline: Oct 11, 2020 September 25, 2020
- DARK: META-COMPLEXITY AND NATIONAL IDENTITY IN A GLOBAL CONTEXT – PART II by Aris Mousoutzanis September 18, 2020