CfP: Literature/Film Association Annual Conference “Space, Place & Adaptation”. Nov 29 – Dec 01, 2018 @ New Orleans (USA). Deadline: July 15, 2018.
Literature/Film Association Annual Conference SPACE, PLACE & ADAPTATION November 29-December...Read More
CfP: Film and Media History Conference “Stars and Screen”. Sept 27-29, 2018 @ Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ (USA). Deadline: June 15, 2018.
The “Stars and Screen” Film and Media History Conference is an Interdisciplinary Symposium...Read More
Issue Guest Editors: Claire Perkins (Monash University) and Michele Schreiber (Emory University) Working in television has historically been considered ‘bread and butter’ labour for female filmmakers around the world. For...Read More
CfP: Conference “Pinter on Film, Television and Radio” Sept 19-20, 2018 @ University of Reading & British Library (UK). Deadline: Feb 16, 2018.
Pinter on Film, Television and Radio A two-day international conference at the University of...Read More
CfP: “Fashion, Costume and Visual Cultures” July 17-19, 2018 @ University of Zagreb (Croatia). Deadline: Feb 23, 2018.
CALL FOR PAPERS: Fashion, Costume and Visual Cultures Conference (#FCVC2018), University of...Read More
CfP: “Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV” @University of Southampton, May 23-25, 2018. Deadline: Nov 3, 2017.
Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV: Calling the Shots – Then, Now, and Next...Read More
CFP: Exploring Boundaries in Film and Television, Wednesday 14 June 2017, CATH Research Centre, De Montfort University, Leicester
Confirmed Keynote Speaker: Dr. Iain Smith, Lecturer at King’s College London The Cinema and Television History (CATH) Research Centre, De Montfort University, invites postgraduates and early career researchers to its sixth...Read More
Conference at Aarhus University, Centre for Children’s Literature 30 May – 1 June 2017 Children and young people live in a mediatized world in which literature, other visual and verbal texts, media and platforms converge...Read More
The hit television comedy Absolutely Fabulous is set to hit the big screen as a movie (July 1st 2016), and as such it is worth considering the hype, the paratexts, and the anticipation that surrounds this venture. First the...Read More
I’ll always remember my initial reaction the first time I watched Absolutely Fabulous (BBC, 1992-2012). Edina Monsoon (played by co-creator Jennifer Saunders) and Patsy Stone (played by former model and co-star Joanna Lumley)...Read More
- LIVE FOREVER: GLASTONBURY 2020, TELEVISION, TIME, MEMORY, AND NOSTALGIA by Leanne Weston September 25, 2020
- HOW DO CHILDREN WATCH FICTION IN DENMARK AND WHAT CONTENT DO THEY PREFER? September 25, 2020
- CfP: Critical Studies in Television special issue “One Hundred Years of the BBC”. Deadline: Dec 18, 2020. September 25, 2020
- CfP: MAST special issue “TOTAL SCREEN: Why Jean Baudrillard, Once Again?”. EXTENDED Deadline: Nov 15, 2020. September 25, 2020
- CFP: virtual conference “Siblings on Stage, Page and Screen”. Jan 16, 2021. Deadline: Oct 02, 2020. September 25, 2020
- CfP: Cinephile special issue “Cinematic Bodies”. Deadline: Oct 11, 2020 September 25, 2020
- DARK: META-COMPLEXITY AND NATIONAL IDENTITY IN A GLOBAL CONTEXT – PART II by Aris Mousoutzanis September 18, 2020