Full paper submission deadline: January 31st, 2020
“SERIES. International Journal of TV Serial Narratives” (https://series.unibo.it) is an open access and peer-reviewed journal, with ISSN and indexed in major international databases. It publishes two issues per year, and is mainly devoted to television seriality. It is a joint project by Universitat Politècnica de València (Escola Politècnica Superior de Gandia/DCADHA) and Università di Bologna.
We are pleased to invite submissions for the eleventh issue of the journal (Vol 6 No 1), which will be out in June 2020. The main focus of the journal is to promote a global discussion forum and an interdisciplinary exchange among scholars engaged in research into TV serial narratives. We encourage methodological innovations and contributions concerning the narrative, technological, economic, social and cultural impact of television dramas and comedies, webseries, telenovelas and other serial forms.
SERIES encourages submissions that cover a large variety of topics, including:
- theoretical and methodological explorations on the nature and value of television seriality;
- taxonomies and analysis of specific formats, styles, linguistic features, genres;
- cognitive perspectives on narrative structures, characters, viewer engagement;
- investigations of creative, production, distribution and marketing issues;
- empirical research on audiences, fandoms, digital communities;
- social network analysis, big data analysis, and other possible frameworks and models;
- comparative studies on a transnational and/or transmedial basis;
- investigations of stylistic elements, temporality, narrative and character design;
- historical approaches to seriality across different media;
- peculiar case histories (authors, subgenres, countries, production companies, etc.).
Articles should range between 5,000–8,000 words (including abstract, notes and references). Full guidelines can be found on the website of SERIES. In order to be included in the issue, full manuscripts must be sent by January 31st, 2020. Expected publication date: June 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact the journal at firstname.lastname@example.org.