Sydney Screen Studies Network Presents: Dial S for Screen Studies 2020 Sydney Screen Studies...Read More
CfP: conference “Visual Depictions of the American West How the West Was Drawn and What It Showed Us”. Nov 16, 2020 @ University Ca’ Foscari of Venice (IT). Deadline: Feb 24, 2020.
Visual Depictions of the American West How the West Was Drawn and What It Showed Us Nov 16, 2020,...Read More
CfP: conference “Discourses of Fictional (Digital) TV Series”. Nov 03-06, 2020 @ Universitat de València (ESP). Deadline: Jan 15, 2020.
DISCOURSES of FICTIONAL (DIGITAL) TV SERIES Universitat de València Forthcoming Conference 3-6...Read More
CfP: Film & History panels on “Hardwired to the Grid: The technologies of Cyberpunk in Film, Television, and New Media”. Deadline: July 10, 2019.
An area of multiple panels for the 2019 Film & History Conference: Citizenship and Sociopathy...Read More
CfP: conference “Thirty Years Since The Fall of Communism: Visual Narratives, Memory and Culture” Nov 21-22, 2019 @ University of Galați (ROM). Deadline: June 25, 2019.
Website: http://fift.ugal.ro/30years/ A joint project of the Faculty of History, Philosophy and...Read More
CfP: Midwest Modern Language Association conference “Re-reading Remakes, Reboots, and Readaptations” (special section). Nov 14-17, 2019 @ Chicago, Illinois (USA). Deadline: April 20, 2019.
For the general conference cfp, see: https://www.luc.edu/mmla/convention/callforpapers/ For this...Read More
CfP: SIECE conference “Public Service Media’s Online Strategies: Industry Concepts and Critical Investigations” Nov 22-23, 2019 @ National Film Archive, Prague (CZ) Deadline: June 15, 2019.
Sponsored by the Charles University in Prague, the Media Industries and Cultural Production...Read More
CfP: symposium “Migrant States of Exception” Nov 14-16, 2019 @ University of Wuppertal (GER) Deadline: March 30, 2019.
Migrant states of exception proliferate and intensify across the world. While processes of globalization have fostered movement and enhanced connectivity on a hitherto unprecedented scale, they have also brought the highly...Read More
CfP: conference “TRANSITIONS 8 – new directions in comics studies 2018” Nov 10, 2018 @ Birkbeck, University of London (UK). Deadline: Aug 24, 2018.
CALL FOR PAPERS: TRANSITIONS 8 –new directions in comics studies 2018 BIRKBECK COLLEGE LONDON...Read More
CfP: symposium “Paranoia in the Americas: American Anxieties in a Transnational Context”. Nov 24, 2018 @ University College Cork (IE). Deadline: August 03, 2018.
University College Cork, 24 November 2018 From the earliest moments of its existence, the...Read More
CfP: workshop “Queerness and Television in the 21st Century”. Nov 22-24, 2018 @ Turku (FIN) Deadline: Aug 31, 2018.
This workshop call for papers invites presentation proposals pertaining to any aspect(s) of...Read More
CfP: symposium “The Legacy of Watership Down: Animals, Adaptation, Animation”. Nov 10, 2018 @ University of Warwick (UK). Deadline: Jun 30, 2018.
CALL FOR PAPERS: The Legacy of Watership Down: Animals, Adaptation, Animation An interdisciplinary...Read More
- SUBURBAN SUPERHEROES: UTOPIA AND TRAUMA IN WANDAVISION by Jack Black February 26, 2021
- ‘NANETTFLIX’: HANNAH GADSBY, THE FEMINIST POLITICS OF TRAUMA AND THE NETFLIXIFICATION OF SOCIAL JUSTICE by Jilly Boyce Kay February 26, 2021
- CfP: edited collection “Difficult Death: Challenging Cultural Representations of Death, Dying and the Dead in Media and Culture”. Deadline (no pun intended): May 01, 2021. February 26, 2021
- CfP: JICMS special issue “Giallo! The Long History of Italian Television Crime Drama”. Deadline: April 30, 2021. February 26, 2021
- A VISIT TO THE REPAIR SHOP by Jaded Academic February 19, 2021
- WHAT FUTURE FOR IRISH PUBLIC SERVICE TELEVISION?: RTÉ TELEVISION AND TECHNOLOGICAL ADAPTATION by Sarah Arnold February 19, 2021
- VISION ON SOUND by Andrew Pixley February 19, 2021