CfP: Transnational Television Drama 2018. June 6-8, 2018 @ Aarhus University (Denmark). Deadline: Jan 15, 2018.
Nov 3, 2017 | CFP, CFPs conferences, conference, Drama, ECREA, Genres, Legislation, Performance, Politics, production, Public Service Broadcasting, Publishing, Quality TV, Streaming, Teaching, Technology, Transnational TV | 0
About In 1992 television researcher John Ellis stated that television was an “essentially national...Read More
CONFERENCE REPORT: GAME OF THRONES, AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE, UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE, 6-7 SEPTEMBER, 2017 by Gill Jamieson
‘Winter is coming’, ‘Valar Morghulis’ and ‘You know nothing Jon Snow’ are widely-known expressions...Read More
CONFERENCE REPORT: TRANS TV AT THE UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINSTER, SCHOOL OF MEDIA, ARTS AND DESIGN, 13-15 SEPTEMBER, 2017 by Andrew Lynch and Alexa Scarlata
At most screen and media studies conferences television scholarship is too often relegated to a...Read More
CfP: “Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV” @University of Southampton, May 23-25, 2018. Deadline: Nov 3, 2017.
Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV: Calling the Shots – Then, Now, and Next...Read More
CfP: “When the Astronaut is a Woman: Beyond the Frontier in Film and Television”. Deadline: Sept 30, 2017.
Call for Papers – Special Issue of Science Fiction Film and Television Guest Editors: Lorrie...Read More
Media Convergence Research Centre and Centre for Culture and Creative Industries Bath Spa University, Corsham Court Campus One-Day Academic-Industry Workshop: Friday 24th November 2017 Confirmed Industry Speakers: Alison...Read More
CFP: Mai: Journal of Feminism and Visual Culture: “Feminist and Queer Perspectives on Sex in Contemporary Film and TV”, Deadline: July 31, 2017
The newly founded feminist and LGBTQIA+ journal Mai is seeking contributions to its special edition, which revolves around ‘Feminist and Queer Perspectives on Sex in Contemporary Film and TV’. /Mai/ is a new journal founded and...Read More
- CfP: “Lights, camera, learning: teaching with the moving image” April 19-20, 2018 @ Birkbeck, University of London (UK). Deadline: Nov 30, 2017. 18/11/2017
- Call for chapters: “Deconstructing the Zombie: Cultural and Ideological Approaches”. Deadline: Dec 15, 2017. 18/11/2017
- CfP: “Ends of Cinema” May 3-5, 2018 @ University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (USA). Deadline: Jan 09, 2018. 18/11/2017
- CLAXONS OF SOCIALISM by Toby Miller 18/11/2017
- RINGS AROUND LONDON: TELEVISION IN 1946 by Jonathan Bignell 17/11/2017
- CfP: “Media Mutations 10 – The ‘-tainment’ Effect”. May 21-22, 2018 @ Università di Bologna. Deadline: Dec 15, 2017. 17/11/2017
- ADAPT Live @ the Being Human Festival, Nov 23-24, 2017 at National Science and Media Museum, Bradford 17/11/2017