Category: Cult TV/Sci Fi/Horror
LESS CULT, MORE QUALITY?: AUDIENCE READINGS OF PRE-TEXTS FOR MARVEL’S INHUMANS AND ‘QUALITY-MAINSTREAM-CULT’ TV DRAMA by Ross Garner
The past weekend saw the annual San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) take place, an event which, as Lincoln...Read More
CfP: Cine Excess XI – Fear and the Unfamiliar: Wrong Time, Wrong Place, Wrong Crowd. @Birmingham City University, Nov 9-11, 2017. Deadline: Sept 8, 2017.
We invite paper proposals for: Cine Excess XI: Fear and the Unfamiliar: Wrong Time, Wrong Place,...Read More
CfP: “When the Astronaut is a Woman: Beyond the Frontier in Film and Television”. Deadline: Sept 30, 2017.
Call for Papers – Special Issue of Science Fiction Film and Television Guest Editors: Lorrie...Read More
CfP: (Un)Ethical Futures: Utopia, Dystopia & Science Fiction. December 16&17, 2017 @Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. Deadline August 13, 2017.
Hosted by Monash University in Melbourne, Australia. Organised by Monash University and the...Read More
CfP: “At home with horror? Terror on the small screen” Oct 27-28, 2017 @University of Kent. Deadline: June 30, 2017
The Melodrama Research Group presents: At home with horror? Terror on the small screen 27th-28th...Read More
We are inviting chapter submissions for a new edited collection focusing on gender and horror. This edited collection aims to re-examine horror in an era of remakes, reboots and re-imaginings. There have been many developments...Read More
The BFI Media Conference is a unique event for teachers of film and media at 16+ and in HE,...Read More
- Call for contributions “Transgender Representation on Television” (Edited Collection, working title). Deadline: Sept 29, 2017. 19/08/2017
- CfP: Poetics: Special Issue on “Global Tastes: The Transnational Spread of non-Anglo-American Culture”. Deadline: Sept 15, 2017. 19/08/2017
- REGISTRATION OPEN – Game of Thrones: An International Conference University of Hertfordshire, De Havilland Campus, 6-7 September 2017 15/08/2017
- FINDING THE GOLDEN RATIO by Şebnem Baran 04/08/2017
- CfP: Symposium “Revisiting Nostalgia and the Hyperreal” Jan 13, 2018 @Oxford Brookes University. Deadline: Sept 22, 2017 31/07/2017
- LESS CULT, MORE QUALITY?: AUDIENCE READINGS OF PRE-TEXTS FOR MARVEL’S INHUMANS AND ‘QUALITY-MAINSTREAM-CULT’ TV DRAMA by Ross Garner 28/07/2017
- CfP: Jazz Research Journal special issue on ‘Jazz Television’. Deadline: Sept 8, 2017 28/07/2017