OF MASSES AND NICHES – TV CONTENT AND THE STORY OF (LARGEST) TRANSCULTURAL COMMON DENOMINATORS by Bärbel Göbel-Stolz
I have been thinking about a piece written by Elke Weissman a lot recently. In it she describes...Read More
CfP: conference “Memories of the Future”. March 29-30, 2019 @ the Centre for the Study of Cultural Memory, Institute of Modern Languages Research, School of Advanced Study, University of London (UK). Deadline: July 31, 2018.
International conference. Centre for the Study of Cultural Memory, Institute of Modern Languages...Read More
CfP: symposium “The Legacy of Watership Down: Animals, Adaptation, Animation”. Nov 10, 2018 @ University of Warwick (UK). Deadline: Jun 30, 2018.
CALL FOR PAPERS: The Legacy of Watership Down: Animals, Adaptation, Animation An interdisciplinary...Read More
CfP: conference “‘It Is True, We Shall Be Monsters’: New Perspectives on Horror, Science Fiction and the Monstrous Onscreen”. June 13, 2018 @ De Montfort University, Leicester (UK). Deadline: April 13, 2018.
Postgraduate Conference Cinema and Television History (CATH) Research Centre, De Montfort...Read More
STEAM ENGINES, SPIDERS AND STINGRAYS: SOME OBSERVATIONS ON YOUNG CHILDREN’S TV VIEWING by Máire Messenger Davies
I started my career studying and writing about television and children by watching my own children...Read More
- CfP: Comics Forum 2018 “Progress: A Decade of Comics Scholarship”. Sept 20-21, 2018 @ Leeds Central Library (UK). Deadline: July 23, 2018. 20/07/2018
- CfP: 1st Lisbon Winter School for the Study of Communication: Media and Populism. Jan 15-19, 2019 @ Lisbon (POR). Deadline: July 31, 2018. 20/07/2018
- NOSTALGIA FOR THE NEIGHBORHOOD by Andrew J. Salvati 13/07/2018
- MAKING JAZZ 1080: TELEVISION PRODUCTION AS PROCESS by Nicolas Pillai 13/07/2018
- Call for chapters: “Superheroes and Disability: Unmasking Ableism in the Media”. Deadline: July 27, 2018. 13/07/2018
- Call for chapters: Quieting the Madness: Entertainment Media’s Shift into More Accurate Depictions of Mental Illness. Deadline: Sept 1, 2018. 13/07/2018
- CfP: Media Fields Journal #14: At the Edges. Deadline: Sept 28, 2018. 13/07/2018