Issue Guest Editors: Claire Perkins (Monash University) and Michele Schreiber (Emory University) Working in television has historically been considered ‘bread and butter’ labour for female filmmakers around the world. For...Read More
Call for contributions “Transgender Representation on Television” (Edited Collection, working title). Deadline: Sept 29, 2017.
Editors: Dr. Liora Elias (University of Minnesota, USA); Dr. Raechel Tiffe (Independent Scholar)...Read More
CfP: “Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV” @University of Southampton, May 23-25, 2018. Deadline: Nov 3, 2017.
Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV: Calling the Shots – Then, Now, and Next...Read More
CFP: Mai: Journal of Feminism and Visual Culture: “Feminist and Queer Perspectives on Sex in Contemporary Film and TV”, Deadline: July 31, 2017
The newly founded feminist and LGBTQIA+ journal Mai is seeking contributions to its special edition, which revolves around ‘Feminist and Queer Perspectives on Sex in Contemporary Film and TV’. /Mai/ is a new journal founded and...Read More
We are inviting chapter submissions for a new edited collection focusing on gender and horror. This edited collection aims to re-examine horror in an era of remakes, reboots and re-imaginings. There have been many developments...Read More
Transformations of Television Industries Transformations of Television Consumption Practices Transformations of Televisual Aesthetics, Narratives and Identities 21st Century Transnational and Transmedia Television Practices...Read More
- THE HANDMAID’S TALE AND THE CAMPAIGN FOR THE FEMININE WOMAN: (TV’S) ALTERNATIVE HISTORIES by Anita Biressi 22/06/2018
- PROBLEMS OF STYLE IN HIGH-END TELEVISION DRAMA by Max Sexton 22/06/2018
- ACROPOLIS NOW: COMEDY, CULTURAL POLITICS, AND GREEK-AUSTRALIAN IDENTITY by Nektaria McWilliams 22/06/2018
- CfP: JICMS conference “Global Intersections and Artistic Interconnections: Italian Cinema and Media across Times and Spaces”. June 14-15, 2019 @ The American University of Rome (IT). Deadline: Sept 30, 2018. 22/06/2018
- IS THE BRIDGE CHANGING PERCEPTIONS OF MENTAL HEALTH? by Sarah Niblock 15/06/2018
- Call for chapters: “Children, Youth, and International Television”. Deadline: June 30, 2018. 15/06/2018
- CfP: conference “Sound Collectives: The Acoustics of the Social in American Film and Literature”. Dec 7-8, 2018 @ Eichstaett (GER). Deadline: June 20, 2018. 15/06/2018