Issue Guest Editors: Claire Perkins (Monash University) and Michele Schreiber (Emory University) Working in television has historically been considered ‘bread and butter’ labour for female filmmakers around the world. For...Read More
Call for contributions “Transgender Representation on Television” (Edited Collection, working title). Deadline: Sept 29, 2017.
Editors: Dr. Liora Elias (University of Minnesota, USA); Dr. Raechel Tiffe (Independent Scholar)...Read More
CfP: “Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV” @University of Southampton, May 23-25, 2018. Deadline: Nov 3, 2017.
Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV: Calling the Shots – Then, Now, and Next...Read More
CFP: Mai: Journal of Feminism and Visual Culture: “Feminist and Queer Perspectives on Sex in Contemporary Film and TV”, Deadline: July 31, 2017
The newly founded feminist and LGBTQIA+ journal Mai is seeking contributions to its special edition, which revolves around ‘Feminist and Queer Perspectives on Sex in Contemporary Film and TV’. /Mai/ is a new journal founded and...Read More
We are inviting chapter submissions for a new edited collection focusing on gender and horror. This edited collection aims to re-examine horror in an era of remakes, reboots and re-imaginings. There have been many developments...Read More
Transformations of Television Industries Transformations of Television Consumption Practices Transformations of Televisual Aesthetics, Narratives and Identities 21st Century Transnational and Transmedia Television Practices...Read More
- DECANTING VINTAGE BERGERAC by Richard Hewett 20/04/2018
- CfP: conference “Watching the Transnational Detectives: Showcasing Identity and Internationalism on British Television” Nov 8-9, 2018 @ Institute of Modern Languages Research, London (UK). Deadline: June 1, 2018. 06/04/2018
- Royal Television Society event “Mind The Gap: Closing the Gender Pay Gap in Broadcasting” April 16, 2018 @ The Gallery at The Hospital Club, London (UK) 01/04/2018
- JOEY ESSEX TALKS NEOLIBERALISM: REALITY TV AND LEGITIMATE TELEVISION by Kenneth Longden 30/03/2018
- Call for chapters: Sports in the New Media Landscape: Community, Participation and Discourse. Deadline: July 1, 2018. 30/03/2018
- CfP: CMCI PhD conference “World in Flux: Exploring Cultural and Media Studies in a Changing World” June 15, 2018 @ King’s College London (UK). Deadline: April 9, 2015. 30/03/2018
- EUROPEAN CULTURES OF TELEVISION STUDIES: POLITICS AND POLICIES by Elke Weissmann 23/03/2018