Issue Guest Editors: Claire Perkins (Monash University) and Michele Schreiber (Emory University) Working in television has historically been considered ‘bread and butter’ labour for female filmmakers around the world. For...Read More
Call for contributions “Transgender Representation on Television” (Edited Collection, working title). Deadline: Sept 29, 2017.
Editors: Dr. Liora Elias (University of Minnesota, USA); Dr. Raechel Tiffe (Independent Scholar)...Read More
CfP: “Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV” @University of Southampton, May 23-25, 2018. Deadline: Nov 3, 2017.
Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV: Calling the Shots – Then, Now, and Next...Read More
CFP: Mai: Journal of Feminism and Visual Culture: “Feminist and Queer Perspectives on Sex in Contemporary Film and TV”, Deadline: July 31, 2017
The newly founded feminist and LGBTQIA+ journal Mai is seeking contributions to its special edition, which revolves around ‘Feminist and Queer Perspectives on Sex in Contemporary Film and TV’. /Mai/ is a new journal founded and...Read More
We are inviting chapter submissions for a new edited collection focusing on gender and horror. This edited collection aims to re-examine horror in an era of remakes, reboots and re-imaginings. There have been many developments...Read More
Transformations of Television Industries Transformations of Television Consumption Practices Transformations of Televisual Aesthetics, Narratives and Identities 21st Century Transnational and Transmedia Television Practices...Read More
- MAPPING TELEVISION LANDSCAPES by Marcus K Harmes 19/01/2018
- CfP: 2018 Radical Film Network Conference. July 27-29, 2018 @Dublin (IE). Deadline: Mar 10, 2018. 19/01/2018
- CfP: Journal of Popular Television dossier “Histories and New Directions: Soap Opera/Serial Narrative Research”. Deadline: Jan 31, 2018. 19/01/2018
- CfP: conference “Music 625: The Performance of Music on Television, c.1955-’85”. June 8-9, 2018 @ School of Music, University of Leeds (UK). Deadline: Feb 28, 2018. 19/01/2018
- CfP: symposium on Sport and Media. May 16-17, 2018 @ Loughborough University (UK). Deadline: Jan 19, 2018. 16/01/2018
- CfP: conference “Media Representations of Islam and Muslims”. June 19-20, 2018 @ Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines (FR). Deadline: Feb 16, 2018. 13/01/2018
- Call for chapters: “The Nordic Wave in Place Branding” Deadline: Jan 30, 2018. 12/01/2018