Issue Guest Editors: Claire Perkins (Monash University) and Michele Schreiber (Emory University) Working in television has historically been considered ‘bread and butter’ labour for female filmmakers around the world. For...Read More
Call for contributions “Transgender Representation on Television” (Edited Collection, working title). Deadline: Sept 29, 2017.
Editors: Dr. Liora Elias (University of Minnesota, USA); Dr. Raechel Tiffe (Independent Scholar)...Read More
CfP: “Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV” @University of Southampton, May 23-25, 2018. Deadline: Nov 3, 2017.
Doing Women’s Film and Television History IV: Calling the Shots – Then, Now, and Next...Read More
CFP: Mai: Journal of Feminism and Visual Culture: “Feminist and Queer Perspectives on Sex in Contemporary Film and TV”, Deadline: July 31, 2017
The newly founded feminist and LGBTQIA+ journal Mai is seeking contributions to its special edition, which revolves around ‘Feminist and Queer Perspectives on Sex in Contemporary Film and TV’. /Mai/ is a new journal founded and...Read More
We are inviting chapter submissions for a new edited collection focusing on gender and horror. This edited collection aims to re-examine horror in an era of remakes, reboots and re-imaginings. There have been many developments...Read More
Transformations of Television Industries Transformations of Television Consumption Practices Transformations of Televisual Aesthetics, Narratives and Identities 21st Century Transnational and Transmedia Television Practices...Read More
- SOCIAL MEDIA CASTING: THE ULTIMATE DEMOCRATISATION OF TV? by Hayley Sarian, Peri Bradley and Richard Berger 31/07/2018
- A CAREER IN POPULAR FACTUAL TV: AN INTERVIEW WITH TOM EDWARDS (PART TWO) by Christopher Hogg 27/07/2018
- CfP: conference “TRANSITIONS 8 – new directions in comics studies 2018” Nov 10, 2018 @ Birkbeck, University of London (UK). Deadline: Aug 24, 2018. 27/07/2018
- CfP: special issue of Convergence “Back to the Future: Telling and Taming Anticipatory Media Visions and Technologies”. Deadline: Dec 01, 2018. 27/07/2018
- Call for chapters “This Country: UK comedy cultures”. Deadline: Aug 20, 2018. 27/07/2018
- CfP: symposium “Paranoia in the Americas: American Anxieties in a Transnational Context”. Nov 24, 2018 @ University College Cork (IE). Deadline: August 03, 2018. 26/07/2018
- A CAREER IN POPULAR FACTUAL TV: AN INTERVIEW WITH TOM EDWARDS (PART ONE) by Christopher Hogg 24/07/2018