SUBVERSION OF NOSTALGIA AS A STRATEGY OF ENGAGEMENT IN ALTERNATE HISTORY TV: 11.22.63 AND THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE by Tobias Steiner
Beginning with the popularization and mass availability of television in the 1950s, the medium has...Read More
OF MASSES AND NICHES – TV CONTENT AND THE STORY OF (LARGEST) TRANSCULTURAL COMMON DENOMINATORS by Bärbel Göbel-Stolz
I have been thinking about a piece written by Elke Weissman a lot recently. In it she describes...Read More
DEADLINE EXTENDED: 20 March 2018. CFP: Critical Studies in Television Conference “State of Play: Television Scholarship in ‘TVIV’”, Sept 5-7, 2018 @ Edge Hill University, Ormskirk, UK.
Deadline Extended: 20 March 2018. Television is and always has been changing. The recent shifts,...Read More
CfP: ECREA 2018, 7th European Communication Conference (ECC) “Centres and Peripheries: Communication, Research, Translation”, Oct 31-Nov 3, 2018 @ Università della Svizzera italiana, Lugano, SUI. Deadline: Feb 28, 2018.
The European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA) in partnership with USI...Read More
CfP: Transnational Television Drama 2018. June 6-8, 2018 @ Aarhus University (Denmark). Deadline: Jan 15, 2018.
Nov 3, 2017 | CFP, CFPs conferences, conference, Drama, ECREA, Genres, Legislation, Performance, Politics, production, Public Service Broadcasting, Publishing, Quality TV, Streaming, Teaching, Technology, Transnational TV | 0
About In 1992 television researcher John Ellis stated that television was an “essentially national...Read More
- THE HANDMAID’S TALE AND THE CAMPAIGN FOR THE FEMININE WOMAN: (TV’S) ALTERNATIVE HISTORIES by Anita Biressi 22/06/2018
- PROBLEMS OF STYLE IN HIGH-END TELEVISION DRAMA by Max Sexton 22/06/2018
- ACROPOLIS NOW: COMEDY, CULTURAL POLITICS, AND GREEK-AUSTRALIAN IDENTITY by Nektaria McWilliams 22/06/2018
- CfP: JICMS conference “Global Intersections and Artistic Interconnections: Italian Cinema and Media across Times and Spaces”. June 14-15, 2019 @ The American University of Rome (IT). Deadline: Sept 30, 2018. 22/06/2018
- IS THE BRIDGE CHANGING PERCEPTIONS OF MENTAL HEALTH? by Sarah Niblock 15/06/2018
- Call for chapters: “Children, Youth, and International Television”. Deadline: June 30, 2018. 15/06/2018
- CfP: conference “Sound Collectives: The Acoustics of the Social in American Film and Literature”. Dec 7-8, 2018 @ Eichstaett (GER). Deadline: June 20, 2018. 15/06/2018