Deconstructing the Zombie: Cultural and Ideological Approaches
We would like to remind you that next December 15, 2017 will finish the reception of chapter proposals for the academic book we are currently editing, entitled Deconstructing the Zombie: Cultural and Ideological Approaches.
We would like to show our gratitude to the international academic community for the positive reception of the project, having received proposals from different countries such as the United States, Canada, the Republic of Bulgaria, Japan or Spain.
The project will be published by Editorial Doble J, a specialized editorial in Politics, Philosophy, Arts and Music academic studies, which is indexed in Scholarly Publishers Indicators in Humanities and Social Sciences (SPI), SPI Expanded and Finnish List.
Call for Chapters
The main purpose of our book is to compose a complete study about the figure of the zombie and its significance from a cultural and ideological academic approach. We are interested in its presence in all existing media: cinema, television, literature, comics, and video games, as well as music and painting.
Topics may include (but are not limited to):
- The Origins and History of Zombies
- Historical Roots around the Archetype of Zombie
- A Review of the Concept of ‘Zombie’
- Zombie Reconstructions in Contemporary Society
- The Representation of the Zombie in Cinema and Television
- The Zombie and the Capitalist Society
- The Zombie as a Criticism tool of the System
- The Zombie as a Supporter of the System
- The Zombie as a Capitalist Victim
- Media and Digital Zombification
- Zombies from Gender Studies
- The Figure of the Zombie from Psychoanalysis
- The Zombie and its Social Reintegration
- Zombies and Religion
- Zombies and Power
- Zombies and Politics
- Zombies and Violence
- Zombies and Sex
- Zombie Armies and Soldiers
- Zombies and Ecology
Please, submit your proposal (a 500-word abstract) and a biographical summary (200 words) to the following e-mail addresses:
- Alfonso M. Rodríguez de Austria Giménez de Aragón (University of Seville) — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cristina Algaba (Universidad Loyola Andalucía) — email@example.com
We will appreciate if you share this Call For Chapters information with those colleagues who may be interested in the project. Original manuscripts are accepted in Spanish or English.
Deadline to submit chapter proposals: December 15, 2017
Once accepted, the coordinators of the project would request a first draft of the chapter by June 15, 2018. The final text should be sent to the emails mentioned above before September 15, 2018.
Proposal Submission Information (English): http://www.filmstudies.eu/index.php/en/2017/09/call-for-chapters-deconstructing-the-zombie-cultural-and-ideological-approaches/
Información sobre la convocatoria de capítulos de libro (Spanish): http://www.filmstudies.eu/index.php/2017/09/convocatoria-de-capitulos-deconstructing-the-zombie-aproximaciones-culturales-e-ideologicas-en-torno-a-la-figura-del-no-muerto/